Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Okay, Pal, YOU Drive Awhile...



















The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril...

For what the horse does under compulsion…is done without understanding; and there is no beauty in it either, any more than if one should whip and spur a dancer.


-- Xenophon, circa. 350 b.c.

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

What a great horse....what is his name?
Lori

Gayle said...

What a beauty! Take a ride in the wind, take me with you!

Spartacus Jones said...

He is a prince among horses.
My mentor, Kelsey.

sj

Unknown said...

A beautiful thought to show the wisdom is not new, only forgotten sometimes.
The horse is beautiful too, he seems kind.
Have a happy New year !

Victoria Cummings said...

Happy New Year, SJ- The white horse reminds me of "windhorse energy" - he's a beauty!

Fairy Mae said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be able to trust that much. I love my horses so much. They are the only ones who understand the true me.