Monday, February 1, 2010

Lunatic

People tell me I get a little "manic" during the full moon's visit.
I suppose it's true.
Can't sleep much.
Maybe I don't want to miss a moment of my time with her.
Every sense seems more acute.
I delight in every physical sensation.

She's fun.
She's insatiable.
Like me.
She never gives in, up or out.

And she keeps coming up with clever things to do.
Hey, Jack, let's go for a run, let's write a new song, let's build an addition on the house tonight.....C'mon Jack, let's play......

And somehow, these suggestions all seem quite reasonable.

The moon gives me a lot of energy.
When I'm with her, I'm immortal.
But she takes a lot of energy, too.
When the dance is done, we're both exhausted and ready for a nap.

It takes her a whole month to recover.

Me, too.

So I work out hard in between her visits.
Want to be in shape for her.



sj



art: Dance of the Moon Horse by Beth Clark

1 comment:

CoyoteFe said...

Yea! Know that feeling well, and there was (is?) something else rolling around the sky that seemed to lend an extra bit of magic to her beams (plus she was so damned close). Great art choice. too.