Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MANY PONIES


Putting the finishing touches on the new CD, I was in the studio all day and evening yesterday.
Had a chance to work with Sera Smolen on cello, who plays exquisitely and brought a couple of splendid ideas for "Noble Heart."

Max Buckholtz also came in to play on the Celtic-style tune, "A Horse of White," and he absolutely wailed. We finished mixes of "Montana," and "Many Ponies," too.

I'm lucky to have Will Russell in the control room. Keeps me from floating too far away from earth at times.

So that's 6 of the 15 tunes wrapped up.
Feels like we're in the home stretch.


Here they come
Many Ponies
Yellow, Black
Red and White.

Here they come
With a New Way
And everything's
Gonna be all right....

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

SJ...I can't wait to hear the celtic piece...will certainly buy the CD in support of your horse sanctuary...when it is ready I will spread the word to my horse friends.
What is the name of your horse? Did you write a song about him?
Lori

Spartacus Jones said...

Thanks, Lori!
Much appreciated. I'm hoping there are enough hearts like yours out there to make it all work.
My mentor/partner is named Kelsey.
And I guess you could say ALL my horse songs are partly about him or because of him. :)
The one that's MOST for him is called My Guitar, My Caballo and Me.

sj