Monday, July 21, 2008

NOBLE HEART

Especially for my friends Lori, Coyote, Linda, Mouse, Ric, Sarah, Margaret, Lianne, Pam, Dawn, Frank, Sue, Kate, and Kimberly, here are the lyrics from one of the songs on the MANY PONIES cd.

This tune wasn’t part of the original plan. It came to me, pretty much fully-formed (mistaking my head for that of Zeus?) while I was running my sprints up the Amy Lane hill, and I don’t think I’ve changed three words from the first draft.

The vocal is by Marie Burns (of The Burns Sisters fame), accompanied by my favorite pianist Molly MacMillan. Sera Smolen will be sitting in on cello.


Noble Heart

I was the child
Who dreamed of soaring high above the clouds
On Pegasus, my steed.
But I won’t lie
I never dared to try
‘til the day you came to me in need.

And now we’re one,
Like the sunlight and the sun and some may say
That I have done my part
But I know
It was you who made me grow
With the power of your noble heart.

Was I cruel? A thoughtless, selfish fool?
Is my fate ---- to realize too late?
Forgive the past – and we will dance at last.
To the rhythm of your noble heart.

And when one day
Your mighty wings must rest and, passing on
Into legend, you depart
To leave me healed,
Forever more I’ll feel
The power of your noble heart.

If I’m strong – and help the weak along
If I stand – yet wield a gentle hand
If I’m true – it’s only thanks to you
And the power of your noble heart.

If I’m strong -- and true to what I do
It’s thanks to you and your noble heart.


Listen to the song here.

3 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

SJ...
Love the song!
Lori

CoyoteFe said...

Thanks for the lyrics! Nice rhythm. Not to be greedy, but do you have a sample you could post on your site as of yet?

Also, you have more than three friends, so that means you're ...? (baha) Busted.

CoyoteFe said...

Also, I love cellos.