I don't know that the "Occupy Wall Street" movement has come up with a list of demands yet, but if they're stumped for ideas, I've got a couple.
If I were King of the Forest, or at least, President of the United States, these are the things I would do either immediately or within my first 100 days.
- Cease Fire, Stand Down, Fall back. Cease military ops in all countries. Bring all troops home from Iraq & Afghanistan. Close all foreign bases and bring troops home. Re-direct military budget to humanitarian use at home first, then globally as possible – with no strings attached.
- End the Federal Reserve Banking system. Return money-coining to Congress as per the Constitution.
- Prosecute GW Bush et al for violations of the law: murder, torture, fraud, civil rights.
- Prosecute and Impeach B. Obama et al for violations of the law: murder, torture, civil rights.
- Implement single-payer national healthcare
- Implement run-off voting system using verifiable paper ballots
- Impeach the several Supreme Court Justices for high crimes re: Gore v. Bush and People United
- Dismantle the TSA. Prosecute TSA officials for civil rights violations.
- Dismantle the Department of Homeland Security. Prosecute DHS officials as appropriate for civil rights violations. Cease and desist all surveillance on any person unless a proper warrant is issued (not a FISA “warrant”) by a judge in accordance with the 4th amendment.
- Break the Republican/Democrat monopoly on elections. Open elections to multiple parties and independents.
- Pare military down to minimum necessary on-call defensive force.
- Re-tool the weapons industry for peaceful ends. Criminalize the sale of military hardware outside the US.
- De-militarize the police. Eliminate SWAT teams. Prosecute officers for violations of the law. Establish civilian review boards with subpoena power and authority to suspend, fire and/or send cases to D.A. for prosecution.
- Stand-down the “Drug War.” Pardon and release all non-violent drug offenders. Cease and desist prosecutions for possession, use and/or sale of drugs and decriminalize drug use.
- Establish an Ethics Division of the FBI and prosecute government employees for violations where conflicts of interest appear, eliminating the revolving door between government officials and the industries they are employed to oversee.
- Eliminate corporate welfare and support small-business entrepreneurs with no-interest start-up capital.
- Establish a fair tax system. Either everybody pays or nobody does. Allow tax-payers to ear-mark how their taxes will be used. Streamline the tax code and eliminate the IRS.
I'd love to hear them. None of us is as smart as all of us together.