Saturday, February 26, 2011

Some Good Cops


I don't generally have much good to say about the cops.
They brutalize innocent people, apparently, just because they can.
And then they lie about it.
The "good cops" that are supposed to be out there clam up instead of turning the "bad apples" in.
When they're not tasering children, beating up old ladies, or shooting puppies, they're gassing, beating and arresting honest citizens for nothing more than exercising their Constitutionally guaranteed rights.
They're completely out of control and a grand disgrace.

So.
When I hear that some cops have stepped up to honor their oath and do the right thing, I'm both amazed and honor-bound to salute them.

If the reports are true, cops at the Wisconsin protests have refused an order to clear out the demonstrators --- AND have joined the protest.
I really, really, REALLY want to believe this.
I'm skeptical.
But if it is true, my hat's off to those cops.

Maybe it'll prompt some others to dust off that old "protect and serve" slogan.

Wouldn't that be great?


sj

No comments: