Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Story Behind the Song: My Corazon

She’s in no hurry.
Neither am I.

Maybe it’s because when we first met, first looked into each others’ eyes, we both knew that there was something special between us and always had been, even before we met.
There was an inexplicably comfortable familiarity, more like recognizing an old, loved and trusted friend than meeting someone new.
As if we shared one heart.
Whatever was going to happen was going to happen.
It was as inevitable as sunrise.

Knowing that, it was almost as if it had already happened and took away any uncertainty, awkwardness or anxiety.
Or hurry.
We were relaxed and casual in each others’ company. No airs or masks needed. We’d see through them anyway.
We went for long walks. Mostly silent.
When there was talking, I did it. She listened.
But she spoke without speaking. A nod. An expression. A gesture.
Only 5% of communication is verbal, anyway, according to the experts.

She would sometimes lean her head lightly against my shoulder. Sometimes brush my cheek with her soft lips and I could feel her warm breath against my neck and it gave me goosebumps right down to my soul.

After a time, a day came when it seemed right.
She gave me that invitation, knowing I would never refuse, and knowing I would not hurt her or just use her. I rolled gently onto her, feeling the heat of her body against me in pulses like a heartbeat.
Her heartbeat.
My heartbeat.
Our heartbeat.
And her scent was the fragrance of sunshine.

I let her carry me wherever she wanted to go, moving with her, content to be part of her body and spirit. Hips swaying in a primal samba, she walked into my heart, as we rode through the cool autumn colors.
And she would remain there always.

sj




My Corazon

I have loved before
But I have never known
A love like this,
Like a precious stone.
It’s a love I have
For you and you alone;
You are the beating of my heart
My Corazon.

You’re the warmth
Of the summer sun
You’re the pink and golden glow
When the day is done
You’re the scented sweet caress
Of breezes softly blown
You are the freedom in my soul
My Corazon.


Te adoro. Mi sueno espanol.
Before you, in this world I was alone
All alone, my Corazon.

And the times
We must be apart
I’ll carry you
Ever in my heart
When I sing to you
Of the joys love has shown
You are the chords of my guitar
My Corazon.

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Spartacus...
I love the story and I really love the song. You are so there with your descriptions. If you have really had a good relationship with a horse, you know that what you have written is so true.
Lori

Spartacus Jones said...

Thanks, Lori!

sj

CoyoteFe said...

O. That's nice. Quiet.

Tamara Baysinger said...

*stagger* Rarely is double entendre so lovely. I wish I'd written that.

Spartacus Jones said...

Thanks, Tamara.
Glad you got it.

:)

sj

Tamara Baysinger said...

Months later, this one still takes my breath away.

T